Seemingly every week we see the tragic “Active Shooter” headline cross the newsfeeds – an all too common occurrence in this crazy world. Sometimes it can be easy to become ‘numb’ to hearing of these incidents because they may seem ‘distant’ to where you live, work, and play. Some of the biggest myths surrounding active shooting incidents include:
- It will never happen here
- Police will always respond in time
- There is nothing I can do to fight back
To help you be prepared to respond should an active shooter incident occur in your immediate vicinity, take a moment to review these simple tips developed by the US Department of Homeland Security:
- Run – intelligently escape and evacuate away from the sound of gunfire
- Hide – minimize yourself behind concealment and cover so the shooter can’t find you
- Fight – do whatever it takes to disarm, distract, overwhelm, and control the shooter
Remember to adapt your response based on the situation in front of you and what is best to help save YOUR life. Never hesitate or wait on someone else’s indecision. Your action could save your life.
Interested in having our Critical Incident Preparedness team come to your business, school, or church to deliver a customized active shooter response course? Just email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Blood loss is the leading cause of preventable death in multiple casualty events, such as mass shootings, terrorist attacks, earthquakes, or workplace accidents. Rapid control of bleeding at the scene of an event can be life-saving.
Purchase Your Kit Today!