Why won't we ever stop providing life-saving training? Here are the hard, cold facts:
- Annually over 350,000 Americans suffer from out-of-hospital sudden cardiac arrest (SCA).
- 70% of out-of-hospital sudden cardiac arrests (SCAs) happen in the home.
- Nearly 90% of out-of-hospital SCA victims die.
- Only about 46% of people who experience an out-of-hospital sudden cardiac arrest get the immediate care they need from bystanders before professional EMS help arrives.
- On average, just 3.1% of the entire US population is trained in CPR+AED annually.
- #1 cause of death in the US is heart disease.